Saturday 18 April 2015

Away

Getting away for a bit. Off to snowy France. Skis are packed some gentle exercise might do me good. Funny how after one sober holiday it's not something I'm worrying about. Same village as we always go to. It's familiar. We're talking lots, I think we need to.

I haven't packed, I have paid, I haven't engaged with anything but my feet. Hubby has done everything.
I spent yesterday in my garden gently planting and tending life. My 'autopilot' is off for life, I'm just focused on what's in front of my feet and allowing someone else to make all the decisions, sort the bits and steer me. Although I'm assured I have clean knickers. 

For a control freak like me, the odd sense of serenity I have allowing someone else to 'do' and 'care' is quite odd. I guess Houston, we finally have TRUST.

Hugs and sober love to you all thanks for helping me to get  here, sober  must find a new scientist, travelling reading I love

3 comments:

  1. So sad for you Daisy. I had one miscarriage at ten weeks 26 years ago and I still remember the sense of Loss - the death of our dreams really. For me it was just the once. I can't imagine going through the experience repeatedly. I wish I'd been able to pick up a piece of writing as good as yours to help me through those days when I felt so detached from the world, and it was spring and everyone was pregnant, or so it seemed. You write beautifully. I hope you find some peace on this break x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy, wishing you gentleness, and peace on your holiday. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy travels sober warrior :) xx

    ReplyDelete