Saturday 18 October 2014

Day 13 - Reflection and a trip away.

                                       
So I've been thinking lots about my life, my relationships and how I fit into them all, sober or otherwise. Truth is, I'm a bit scared. If I don't really know myself at all, duped by alcohol for years and the effects of it on my own behaviour. How do I fit in my own life. The real me. I'm not maudlin about this all but I'm curious, scared. So I'm reflective. I've also been thinking alot about chocolate. Where has it been missing all my life? Was it hiding behind the Merlot?

Wolfie, that delightful wine o clock reminding monster started his usual crap at t-time yesterday. Friday night is WINE TIME. No its not. I ate some chocolate and drank half a pint of milk. That shut the bugger up.

I caught my reflection today when out, I'm heavy, about time I thought about doing something active about that. I'm almost as wide as I am tall, yup in real life. And, a whole stone heavier this weekend than I was this time last year when I got married. Mostly wine belly increases. That has to stop.

Wolfie can keep the wine flubber. My present to him.

Among all the thinking of course, is real life, I'm off away for the weekend, my first time away 'sober' ever. I'm a bit scared and a bit excited. I know it will be challenging being out and about but, I'll be vigilant. 

I packed an extra pack of chocolates. Wolfie can pick up my stomach on Monday.

Happy Weekend Folks. Not sure if I'll find the time to blog or not but I'll be thinking of you all and the great support you've given me. For that thank you and help yourself to some chocolate.

Sober Mum, giving 'risotto directions' to the young lad, texting the lass about her car.
Sober Wife (of one year), off on an adventure soon to celebrate our anniversary and we'll have our first sober weekend. That's funny and a bit sad to write that.
Sober Girl, reflective saw the end of a movie last night, that never happened very often!

14 days sober today. Wowser. I'm not proud especially, more a bit shellshocked.

I do waffle on, so thank you for getting this far! If you've something kind or helpful to add or just want to say hello. Please drop a line below. I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Be proud Daisy - it is bloody hard to get off the booze merry-go-round for us and any days not drinking is not just a small victory but a mighty big step forward. 14 days is awesome and if chocolate is what it takes right now so be it. Have a lovely time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Lucy. Its a bloody merrygoround - bah! I've never had 14 days sober since I stopped breast feeding. (My youngest is 18) Chocolate has my family totally confused.....but tis helping. x

    ReplyDelete