Thursday 9 October 2014

Day 4 - Tired and Sore

So to sum up yesterday. Tired and sore. A bit overwhelmed at other folks cancelling my plans and then un-cancelling them, a bit panicky having to go and actually sort things out and say, erm no I'm sorry I cannot now come along and help at this class as actually I've made other plans. Of course this was followed by several hours of hand wrangling and head juggling. I don't like to let folks down. I often take on too much, but for once, I decided to not dash around like an idiot and said I'm sorry I just can't manage that since YOU changed the initial arrangement. You're out of my diary, whilst I'm sorry, its not my fault. OK so I'm wracked with guilt, but hey, I didn't move the goal posts to begin with. Shaking and nervous I went in person and tried to sort it out. Can't say that I met with very many helpful and co-operative folks, but I tried. I didn't get anywhere so I emailed the folks too. I tried.

This sense of overwhelming can't please folks is always a good excuse for me to drink. I went shopping, as I had to go to town and I didn't buy wine. In fact I walked down the wine aisle thinking NOPE, not today. Instead I went for a stomp on the beach, cleared the cobwebs away and calmed me down. Who shakes just because they have to say, I'm sorry but I can't make it. I'm not sure where my confidence is at the moment, but if you find it please send it back.

That would be nice.

I've got some sort of stupid virus in my eyes (like a cold, who knew that was possible?). My skins a mess, I'm tired and (whilst not as moany as I sound) just wabbit, run down, exhausted. Would be nice at some point to feel a bit better thank you very much. Patience is not a virtue I have in abundance. I  have also promised myself no more falling a sleep with the lenses in, which of course I did, most nights. Can't blame my eyes for having enough.

So to the question is alcohol adversely affecting your health. Ask my eyes, my skin and my face, they seem to think it is.

So yesterday I was a sober girl, a sober mum and a sober wife.

Busy day today I just need to try and not get overwhelmed, seems to be happening a lot lately. Then again, that's not new, Its coping with it without wine, that's new.

I do waffle on, so thank you for getting this far! If you've something kind or helpful to add or just want to say hello. Please drop a line below. I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. You're detoxing Daisy so your body and mind is going to look and feel a bit more sh*t than usual and there is no way round that I'm afraid. But once it's done it's done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could start the reply with 'I always look sh*t, but that's a whole other can of insecure worms!'. I'm drinking water lots and lots and lots. Guess soon, my actual un-wine-soaked-skin might thank me.

      Thanks for reading. x

      Delete